The Green Schools programme is “an international environmental education programme and award scheme that promotes and acknowledges long-term, whole-school action for the environment”.
St. Beacon’s N.S. has achieved Green School status for Litter and Waste in 2010, Energy in 2012, Water in 2014 and Travel in 2016. Miss Glancy and the members of the Green Schools Committee are now working through the steps to achieve Green School status for Biodiversity in 2018.
Visit our Blog for the latest Green Schools Update
Don’t forget that you can continue to save energy at home. Here are some tips;
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room.
- Close windows to keep in the heat
- Only boil the amount of water you need
- Plug out appliances when they’re not needed
- Turn television off fully, don’t just leave it on standby